Friday, June 10, 2022

Down the Foiling Rabbit Hole . . .

 I have finally taken the plunge into foiling.  I've dipped my toe into the mix in the past 6 months, but thanks to the Taylored Expressions Modern Eucalyptus Cardmaking Kit, I dove in straight the pool!  The kit comes with toner cards, which work with Deco Foil and a laminator.  It looked so pretty foiled, I stopped resisting and bought a Royal Sovereign laminator and a couple of rolls of Deco Foil (and a few other things!!) - but if you don't count the kit, it's been less than $50.  That's the cost of a dinner out - and the food is gone in an hour!

I am in love with this card and the way it looks.  There are a few different kind of foil products - the stems are stenciled using Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo and then foiled with gold Deco Foil; the sentiment is Deco Foil Adhesive Transfer Design by Unity; the gold frame is Taylored Expressions gold foiled cardstockTE's Pierced Lattice Cutting Plate gives texture to the background and the card is finished with some TE Drip Drops and a bow with ribbon from my stash.

I am on a tear figuring out all of the ways I can foil using my new tools.  After watching a couple of videos, I tried it with heat embossing a sentiment and then foiling - SUCCESS!! This card uses Erin Lee's Sentiment Stamp and it foiled beautifully.  The photo doesn't capture the smooth shine that is seen on the card.  I heat embossed first (I used gold embossing powder so I could see right away when it melted and then ran it through the laminator and foiled it. 

I have a blog post with a third card and turquoise foil.  I "inked" up an old SU red rubber background stamp with the Deco Gel and then foiled.  The dots have a grunge look, but that is the stamp.  I am delighted to have taken the plunge and happy I can get many of the looks I want from foiling without spending a fortune.  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! If you are interested, I hope you will "follow" my blog and stay updated with my journey! 

In kindness, Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment