Saturday, June 11, 2022

Shaking with PPC&F and CC Designs

Back with another PPC&F sponsor card - this one is CC Designs and images from her totally adorable new release called, Mermaid Inchies.  My youngest grandchild just finished kindergarten and we are going to be pen pals this summer, so I created my card with her in mind as our first pen pal letter.  Playing around with the design morphed into the idea of making it a shaker. How can I miss - mermaids, sparkle, and a shaker?!?! She will LOVE it!

Truth be told - this card kicked my butt a bunch of times - first, PTI's On the Border: Leaf Die would not cut cleanly through in some spots, despite me adding shims.  That didn't stop me because I was determined to have these cuties swimming in a bed of seaweed, so I figured it out.  The paper is a light blue and sponged with a variety of  Taylored Expressions green inks from my collection.  The background is a Pinkfresh hot foil plate from the the May Stamp and Create event.  It called Geo Arches and I bet they will be releasing it soon.  It's inked with some blues and browns to give the underwater feel and Copic dots for sand.  All of the Inchies and shells are colored with Copics and then have a layer or two of BG000 over the top to give them an underwater look and then fussy cut.  Next came making the shaker.  Another 'kick butt" moment - because I didn't plan for it at the beginning, so in some spots I didn't have enough edge to use a strip of foam tape!!  Then, I added the foam strips BEFORE the acetate layer (GRRRR!!) I recommend TE's acetate for shakers - the thickness is perfect!  The photo doesn't pick up the extra sparkle I added to the on the background and Inchies (TE's Iridescent Glitter Gel), but IRL the sparkle is there! Despite all of the setbacks, the card is super cute!  These CC Designs Mermaid Inchies are adorable!  They were mermaid to be on a card and shared!!  

As always, there is a special CC Designs discount code waiting for you on the Passionate Paper Creations and Friends FB Group page.  If you are not a member yet - just ask to join.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  
In kindness,  Cathy

Challenges Entered:
Little Red Wagon #657/ Something Fishy Here
As You Like It  June 9 / Blonde or Brunette (Blonde - I can change my mind and make it brunette if it starts getting too dark!!)




9 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! Your granddaughter is going to love it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Little Red Wagon this week. We hope to see you back soon.
    Hugs, Doni (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute sea scene. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Summer Days” challenge this month. Arlene, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card: so much so see in this lovely scene.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super cute! Thanks for joining in our June challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cathy ... this is such a cool card! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! This is an amazing card with so much definition. And it is just so cute! I love SMile cards and this one fits perfectly. Thank you for joining our MMM Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your thinking! Gorgeous make hun, thanks for sharing with us at AYLI. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reason for liking blonde hair! Love your very cute card, these mermaids just make me smile. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete