Friday, June 10, 2022

BYSHC Sketch #23 - Card #1

 Lots of open white space in Crystal's BYSHC sketch this month!!  I don't have any tall images, so I needed to improvise a bit.  Remembering that I bought CCC's Berry Much Slimline stamp, I thought by cropping the image, it could be a perfect fit for the sketch.

I inked up the stamp and colored it to look like red berries (maybe cranberries?) with my Copics.  I masked the stamp and used my old, trusty SU red-rubber French Script in the background and then distressed the edges.  The sentiment is cut from a Kaisercraft die and gold foiled cardstock.  I wrapped DMC gold thread as an accent as a final touch to finish the card.

Hope you can play along with us this month!  Add your card to the sketch album HERE and post your card on the BYSHC FB page!


Challenges Entered:
12 Months of Christmas #89/AG + optional plaid


Thanks for stopping by my blog
 In kindness, Cathy



3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Cathy and I love the look of the berries..they look a bit like rose hips too but so pretty, and I love the script in the background and the added colourful pieces of washi tape. Thank you for joining us at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice and colorful: a great chrstmascard!
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job using this sketch ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete