Welcome back to the Dragonfly Dreams August Challenge! This month's theme is "Beach" or "Seaside," and I had so much fun creating a card for it.
For my project, I was inspired by a shadowbox pop-up card video from Jennifer McGuire and decided to make one to send to my granddaughter while she was away at month-long sleepaway camp. Since water sports are her favorite activity, an underwater scene seemed like the perfect choice for her.
I followed Jennifer's instructions for creating the shadowbox card, adjusting the dimensions to fit an A2-sized card. For the back panel behind the fish, I used Tim Holtz's Dotted Fade Texture embossing folder. After embossing, I inked the raised dots with a darker turquoise than the cardstock to add depth and dimension. The front panel is embossed with the Tiny Twinkles embossing folder from Taylored Expressions.
Like Jennifer, I used the Fun Fish Dies from Simon Says Stamp, along with a variety of greenery dies from my collection. I had fun ink blending the fish to create bright, colorful sea life while keeping the greenery simple so the fish would remain the focal point.
Two of the fish are adhered directly to the background, while the other three are attached to heavyweight clear acetate strips, allowing them to gently move when the card is handled. I think this is definitely a WOW! card, and I'm already looking forward to making more shadowbox cards in the future.
I hope you'll join us for this month's Beach or Seaside challenge! I can't wait to see what you create, so be sure to share your projects in the gallery.

No comments:
Post a Comment