Sunday, March 27, 2022

Stenciling with Taylored Expressions!

I spend most of my card-making time coloring images with my Copics.   Thanks to Taylored Expressions, I might be expanding my focus!!  I attended the TE March Stamp Joy Event and some of the cards involved stenciling. I have discovered a new love!!  Lori Craig's class helped with my aversion to the stark lines in stenciled images during her card class.  Heather Nichols (the "queen" of kraft-colored paper) talked about bringing white into the card during her class.  Those were just two fun tips I learned!!

This card set features many TE products.  The flowers are from In the Garden Triple Slim Layering Stencil.  When finished, you have three card fronts!! (Love it!). The "thanks" sentiment is from Mini Slim Botanical Sentiments and the lines are one of the stamps included in Sketchbook Bouquet; Signature Sentiments is where you will find the Mother's Day sentiment; and the "Hey" is a free die with a purchase, and the strip underneath is from Simple Strips in Reverse.  I finished off the three cards with TE's Drip Drops.  While I was stenciling last night, I made a couple other sets of cards with different colors.  They still need to be finished.  I am going back to work on seeing if I can create Christmas cards with this stencil.  I can already see turning this into fall colors!! I love playing like this!!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  

In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:

Stamping Sensations March Challenge / Something Spring

Tic Tac Toe #154 / Right Column (die cut, flowers, stencil)

Creative Fingers #227 / AG

My Time to Craft #478 / Lots of Layers

Three Rooms Studio #78 /Use a Stencil




6 comments:

  1. What pretty cards, thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Senations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful cards on Kraft, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations (it's also Spring at We Love Stamping and great prizes).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nicely done, thanks so much for sharing at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are all just so pretty - love the kraft background - sets off your colorful flowers so well - thanks for joining with us at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning set of cards! The layered stenciling is so effective and your colours are beautiful. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are gorgeous, I love the fab springtime colours! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete