Friday, March 18, 2022

BYSHC - Card 2 for Sketch #20

 I am so excited to share my second card using March's Sketch #20 for BYSHC because it is my first-ever slider card!!  The pieces for the card have been sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks because I was going to use them for my initial card this month, but it just didn't come together the way I hoped.  My granddaughter was making a card for her brother's birthday this weekend and she was asking about the Santa image, which started me thinking again.  I realized I had a never-been-used set of slider dies and BAM- ideas gelled and my card got made!
Santa is part of MFT's Joyous Holidays (retired) and "merry" is their Stacked Merry Die-namic.  The flag panel behind "merry" is a snowflake embossing folder and the panel behind Santa is an old SU poinsettia embossing folder which is inked to bring out the flowers.  The red patterned paper isn't really Christmas paper, but it worked well with the green striped paper and the poinsettia panel.

You still have plenty of time to play along with the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers this month and add your card to the folder on the BYSHC FB group page.  Thanks for stopping by my blog!

In kindness, Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment