Thursday, November 4, 2021

PPCF - Lee Holland's Christmas Dragon

Lee Holland has to be an illustrator whose style is close in recognizability with Anita Jeram's lovable children's book illustrations and images from the Colorado Craft Company.  Visiting Lee Holland's Etsy shop is a journey into whimsy, gentleness, and sweetness.  If you know children's books, his animals will be familiar to you.  

I was thrilled to hear he is a sponsor for the Passionate Paper Creations & Friends FB group and to have the chance to color this sweet Christmas Dragon on Holly Leaf. 

I started by grabbing my pencil and making decisions about where my shading and highlights would be - and then came the color choices!!  Knowing I wanted to use traditional Christmas colors but avoid a green dragon, the next decision was a dragon color that complimented the reds and greens.  I colored the dragon thinking I was going to use a different paper behind the image, but changed my mind.  I needed something that had more of the BG dragon color - and luckily, found the plaid paper in my stash and a new game plan twas formulated! Some sparkle and MFT's Mini Merry Messages was the right choice for a sentiment. 

You'll see the DT feature Lee's illustrations throughout November.  Please use this link to help us know you found Lee's Etsy site through PPCF, which will encourage his sponsorship. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

In kindness, Cathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment