Saturday, September 5, 2026

Dragonfly Dreams September Challenge - Monochromatic Colors

I’m back with the September Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, and this month we’re creating with monochromatic colors!

I recently added some new “toys” from The Greetery to my craft room and have been having lots of fun using them on my cards. For this card, I featured the Shortbread Shapes Rectangle Tiles embossing folder and BotaniCuts Pussy Willow die cuts.


I started by inking the flat side of the embossing folder with a soft yellow ink and then ran it through my die-cutting machine. This technique allowed the raised images to remain white while adding a wash of yellow to the background. I then inked around the edges for a little contrast and added splatters using gold, yellow, and just a touch of brown.


After trimming the embossed piece into a square, I mounted it onto two layers of white cardstock and added it to a soft yellow card base. I tied the pussy willow branches together with a ribbon and placed them next to the die-cut sentiment. A few yellow-gold sequins finished everything off with a little extra sparkle.


I hope you’ll join us for this month’s challenge! I’m looking forward to seeing your monochromatic inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  
In kindness, Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment