Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #197 - Add Flowers

 It's the fifth day of the month and that means time for a new challenge on the Let's Craft & Create Blog.  This month's optional challenge theme is "Add Flowers" so I thoroughly embraced it!


I started with Takes the Cake Stamp & Stencil from The Greetery.  When I saw it during their May release, I knew it would become part of my collection!  I love the layered stencil flowers that are part of this set!  I did limit my purchase, thinking I could fussy cut the cake rather than buy the die!  It hasn't been too bad!  (Of course - that decision gave me permission to buy another stamp from the release!!). The floral background is a 3D embossing folder from Spellbinders called Four Petal Flower.  In addition to the flowers that are part of the cake, I finished the card off with variety of die cut flowers - some are from a Spellbinders die and others are from Taylored Expressions.  

The "happy birthday" banner is a die from The Greetery.  You may notice a little heart between the words happy and birthday.  It says "half" because I forgot my SIL's real birthday and decided I would make it up by sending her a "half-ty" birthday card!! I am crazy about how this card came out.  I hope you can play along with our challenge.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.

  In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:

Addicted to Stamps & More #449/ Any Occassion (7/9)
Can You Handle the Pressure? /EB folder/optional twist butterflies 



3 comments:

  1. How lovely! That's a gorgeous background, all the texture looks amazing, and I love the little vellum banner. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, so creative and what a fabulous EB folder too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀

    ReplyDelete