Friday, July 28, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #35 - Linky Party Day 8

 Back with my second card for the July Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Sketch and the last day of the Christmas in July Linky Party.   

Knowing I would use the die I picked up from Craft Fancy, a scrapbook store in Illinois, for my focal point, it worked better to flip the sketch.  The font and size of the sentiment from the Merry Christmas die is so versatile I could immediately think of lots of things to make with it.  (Thank you, Jennifer McGuire!!)
 
I cut the die once from white paper and a second time from some Tim Holtz holiday paper from my stash.  I used distress inks to blend the reds for the sentiment and greens for the leaves and inlaid them on the black print background. The panel is mounted on green. I found the scrap of plaid for the bottom strip.  The sequins are double mounted - clear on the bottom with gold on top.  One of the many Echo Park Christmas papers I have in my collection was the natural choice for the base.  The pattern was small enough that the red flowers were visible all around the center panel.  
 
 
July's sketch would make a great spring board for adding a card to the July Linky Party. You have until midnight to add a card to the Linky Party gallery.  I'm looking forward to seeing today's entries!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  
In kindness, Cathy 

 

  



5 comments:

  1. Illinois?? You're that close? So good to know, Cathy! and such a wonderful addition to your Christmas stash!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, Cathy! I love that pretty sentiment die cut over the printed paper... so striking!

    ReplyDelete