Friday, July 21, 2023

{BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party - Day 1!

 Hello Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmaker Friends!!

Today is the first day of this year's Christmas in July Linky Party.  It's a week-long event dedicated to making winter holiday cards WITH prizes!  You can find the details and a list of all the sponsors on the {BYSH} Cardmakers Blog. 


My first card for the Party uses products from two of our sponsors.  The trees and sentiment are from a Unity Stamp set called Feliz Navidad. The background is Taylored Expressions Holly Embossing Folder using TE's Foil Cardstock in Rose Gold.  I then took a nail file and roughed it up!  Since the core is white, you can see the pattern and variation.  I wanted to keep things pretty simple to make sure the embossed panel gets attention, so two of the trees are just stamped. I added a light watercolor wash to the floral tree in Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet.  The trees are fussy cut and the center tree and sentiment are mounted on foam. Distress Oxide Pumice Stone ink (used for stamping the trees and sentiment) mirrored the silver foil border stripe.   A few clear sequins are added for some sparkle.  I am super pleased with how this turned out!


I hope you are able to join in the fun this week.  It's such a great ideas to get a head start on holidays cards!  Prizes make it all the more motivating to play along!  I can't wait to see your makes!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy  


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Cathy! You've inspired me to try this background technique with some of my papers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cathy!! I love the patterns and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love your background.

    ReplyDelete