Monday, March 27, 2023

Easter Gnome!

 I am participating in a Rediscover Your Supplies Hop over on IG.  The challenge theme this time is "Easter" so I went to my stash and found Stamping Bella's Gnome On An Egg and Easter Sentiments (retired) stamps that rarely get any love.  To keep with the theme, I also pulled out my Kuretake watercolors (remember when they were the rage?!?) It's another item from my stash that hardly gets used because I put my time and attention into my Copics! Silver embossing powder on the image helped make sure the watercolors didn't bleed into each other. I wanted the egg to have a design, so I went to my stencils and found these fun polka dots, which I inked with two colors of Distress Oxide inks.  


I am in love with the colors and the pattern of the floral around the gnome - and it was a "free with purchase" layering stencil from Taylored Expressions.  What a great addition to my stash for some spring cards!!  I broke it open for this first time for this card because I was inspired by another crafter for the color combination.  The quilted backdrop is TE's Pierced Lattice cutting plate.  A few splatters and TE Drip Drops finished off the card!

Playing along with challenges that encourage digging into the stash of supplies I have on hand has become a favorite past time.  If you have the same idea, take a look at the IG Hop and join us!  Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!) challenge is another one to check out each month! Thanks for stopping by my blog! 
In kindness,
Cathy

Challenges Entered:

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. I like all the stenciling you did on your card. That free with purchase layering stencil from TE is awesome. It's definitely great for spring cards. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete