Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #194 - Pink & Gray

 Welcome to the newest Let's Craft &Create AG Challenge!! April's optional theme is to use pink and gray.

I pulled out my new Pinkfresh Studio's Inky Bouquet stamp and die for the focal image of my card along with silver embossing powder and some Distress inks so I could watercolor.  Since I am not a watercolorist, embossing the image helps limit where the water can go!  I knew I wanted to represent a range of pinks in the floral bouquet, so I pulled out my cubes of Distress Ink Kitch Flamingo, Worn Lipstick, and Spun Sugar.  I used a light layer of Shabby Shutters with Pumice Stone for shading on the leaves. The stripes on the vase are colored with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and the same color is used on the background - Simon Hurley's Moroccan Tile background stamp.  It's splattered with watered white and pink inks.  A scrap of pink in the worn lipstick tone anchors the vase.  I popped on a sentiment and three Pinkfresh Iridescent Clear drops.  This was such a fun card to make!  I know this vase will come out again.  I loved embracing the colors of the challenge - pink and gray are a gorgeous combination.  

I am looking forward to seeing the creations this month.  Please share your makes in the LC&C Gallery!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:
NBUS/ April/Challenge #49 
The Flower Challenge #79/ Focus on background stamp
Stamping Sensations April/ Anything stamped with a CAS Option
Happy Little Stampers April Watercolor Challenge- optional die cuts (May 12 announce)


7 comments:

  1. It's a really lovely colour palette, grey offers a more subtle finish than black and works well with pink, many thanks for sharing with is at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a card that will be treasured, Cathy! The silver shine with the various pretty pinks and gray make such a beautiful and elegant design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining our "Spring or Fall" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this lovely and elegant card, Cathy. We hope to see you back again.

    Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, that stamp is so lush and I do love the subtle colours you have used to colour.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy I saw your card over at NBUS and just have to say that I love it! I am so inspired to get out my embossing powder and watercolor something. I usually just use it for sentiments. I like how you said it helps keep the watercolor where it’s supposed to be. So true! Someone will be so happy to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Cathy. It's very elegant with the soft colours on the flowers. Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete