Wednesday, March 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #31

 A new month means a new sketch on the {BYSHC} Blog and sketch #31 has so many possibilities!!

I knew right away what I would use for my first card this month!! I was part of a destash Secret Santa exchange in December.  It was great fun!! My Secret Santa sent me some stamps, dies, and patterned paper from her stash - so using my gift was the focus of my card.  

Most of the patterned paper is from a Tim Holtz 8x8" pack released in 2017, called "Christmas".  The only exception is the star paper - and that is Winterberry, a Foil It panel from Taylored Expressions which was sold as part of a holiday foiling package last December. Truth be told- I bought it just for the Winterberry Foil It cards and do not have one ounce of regret! I foiled it in gold and then colored with Copics after I die cut the star.  The card front is Deco Foil's Reverse Polka Toner Card Front. It's gold foil on kraft paper.

Speaking of star - it is a fabulous Christmas Ornament shaker set from Kat Scrappiness and I am in LOVE! It was so quick and easy to make and packs a punch to a card! Even the inside of the shaker is part of the Tim Holtz paper set.  Kind of gives everything a vintage feel!
I can't even tell you how grateful I am to my Secret Santa (who happened to be Kat from Kat Scrappiness!!) for this treat of a gift.  I love destash exchanges!!  If you want to be part of next December's fun, join the Crafty Fun with Friends of LV Handcrafted FB Group and you will be sign up!




1 comment: