Wednesday, February 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch #30 Challenge

 February 1st means a new sketch for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmaking community.  This one is sure to inspire creative ideas from your stash of supplies!

I have been itching for the chance to use a new-to-me stamp and die set from Papertrey Ink and this sketch was a great reason to pull it out.  My card uses an oval instead of the circle you see in the sketch.  
I did a little shopping after Christmas at a scrapbook store in my area.  When I visited the half off room, I  scored the holly and the "joy/comfort" paper for 50% off; the rest are scraps from my stash.  I love this Papertrey stocking set.  There are lots of little pieces, but it is so cute IRL!!  Using pinks in my card was an idea inspired by some cards from {BYSHC} teamie, Cindy Messer, last season.  I was in love with the way she used pink for this sweet CCC image and this card with an elf from A Day for Daisies caught my eye right away last March!!  

I hope you will add your card to the {BYSHC} Sketch #30 Album in the FB group.  I'd love to see how the sketch inspired you!  As for me, I am going back into the craft room to work on a second card!  Thanks for stopping by my blog!
In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #145 / Non-traditional Colors
My Time to Craft #52 / Patterned Paper






11 comments:

  1. So cute! Fun papers and a darling stocking! I bought that stamp set also because I just love the stockings and images.... haven't used it yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy: This patterned paper Christmas card is delicate and super cute! Festive! Thanks for sharing at MTTCC! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely card ,thank you for joining us at 52 christmas card throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy... your stocking is adorable! great selection of papers. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, you have created a beautiful card bringing together such beautiful papers and the sweet stocking set. Thanks so much for joining the fun at the 52CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again, Cathy! This is another great Christmas card, your patterned papers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft Christmas!
    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your snippets of paper making for a fun card - thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layers on this sweet card Cathy. Great to see it over at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is really great.♥
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our Snippets Challenge by
    Christmas Craft Creations Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these papers and colors are just delightful, Cathy! LOVE that stocking image, and perfect non-trad colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the colors!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
    Debbie - SCC DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete