Friday, November 4, 2022

Joy Clair Digital Stamps and Foiling!

 I am back with my first Joy Clair Designs post for November.  Regular blog followers know I have been on a foiling kick.  I didn't think much about foiling digital stamp images until I saw the Jingle All the Way digital stamp set's bold sentiments in the new Merriest Moments release.


They seemed perfect for foiling!! Problem for me - my home printer is an inkjet printer, which is great for Copic coloring, but not the right ink for foiling with my Mini-Minc and supply of Decofoil; it needs toner ink.  So, I printed my designs on paper at home and took one more step by taking them to a local store for copying, using Toner ink. 30 cents later, I brought them home and started foiling!!  It was super easy!   



My Process:

1.  After creating and copying the design with toner ink, cut Decofoil to cover the image and run it through your Minc, Mini-Minc, or laminator.  I used two colors for my card, silver stars and red. I used heat setting #2 on my machine.  My cardstock was less than 80# to make sure it went through the copy machine.






2.  If you are planning to color the foiled image, laminate first and then color with your choice of media.  I used Copics for my card and just colored the leaves and berries with a little bit of N1 shading on the letters.







3.  Finish your card!!  See?!?! So simple!! 


I printed my design large enough to be the focal point on the card, so my card ended up being a slimline size.  I used one of Lawn Fawn's Small Mini Slimline Stackables to die cut the sentiment.  After choosing some Christmas patterned papers from my collection, I die cut then with two of the Pleated Lace Slimline dies from Gina Marie.  

My foiling machine wasn't done!! I paired Taylored Expressions Foil It Peppermint Kisses card fronts with red Decofoil with dies from TE's Peppermint Kisses Stencil and Die set for the candy cane.  It is mounted with foam squares.  A simple, but cute card!!

Hope I have inspired you to give foiling a try!!  Thanks for stopping by my blog!
In kindness, Cathy
Challenges Entered:
Crafty Catz #613 - Three or more layers
12 Months of Christmas #94 - Optional Twist use patterned paper (November)
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #186 - Left, bottom to right up diagonal (Candy cane, sparkle, large sentiment)
Time Out Challenges #226 - Words (Everything about the holiday season fills me with joy)
As You Like It Oct. 27th - Favorite Christmas Image or Animal and why.  I am crazy about all of the peppermint treats that are featured during the holiday season.  Teas, candy, mochas!!  Everything peppermint!! I just saw an ad for Peppermint Hagen Das ice cream bars from Costco!! They will be in my shopping cart during the next visit!!




3 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely fantastic in every way. Your foiling is perfect and all of the elements in your design go beautifully together. Just to note for future reference, our challenge "words" are very specific - the words are a quote to inspire our projects: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." -- Nelson Mandela. We have a rotation of themes, and when it is "words" there is always a quote to inspire. We also have a limit of 5 challenge links including ours. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card, and we hope to see you in the gallery in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy... your foiling is amazing! I haven't joined the foiling bandwagon because I never seem to have success. Even your photography is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining and sharing (especially your process!) at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Cathy! Love the shimmer on the sentiment. Thanks for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete