Friday, November 25, 2022

{BYSHC} November - Sketch Challenge #28

 Crystal always creates fabulous sketches for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers challenges.  I appreciate the way they spark creativity and allow for individual interpretation.  I rarely make a card without multiple layers, so Sketch #28 called to me!

I went to my stash of Christmas paper for the main panel of this card and used the ornament stencil from Taylored Expressions' Fancy Filigree Stamp and Stencil combination.  This was a free with purchase set available to folks who attended their October Stamp Joy Event.  I spread Decofoil Transfer Gel Duo using the stencil and let it dry. Then I put Rose Gold Decofoil over the ornament and Enchanted Rose over the bow and ran it through my Mini-Minc machine on heat setting #2.  Making the strip was simple - I just used a piece of 1/4" two-sided tape on both sides of the ornament and placed Enchanted Rose foil over the top.  The Enchanted Rose foiled sentiment is Creative Expressions Wordies Sentiment Sheets- Christmas Blessings.  They come in a package of four sheets - two have black print on a white background and the other two are white print on a black background.  The brilliance of this set for those of us who are Decofoil users is they are printed with Toner ink - so the sentiments are completely foilable! I pulled out the green and rose in my cardstock layers and added clusters of embellishments around the image to finish the card.


I know the month is quickly coming to a close, but hope you have time to play along with the {BYSHC} sketch this month.  Once you make your card, share it in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers FB group. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
In kindness,  Cathy





No comments:

Post a Comment