Friday, October 7, 2022

Joy Clair Designs - Gather Together Release

 

Hi All,

Today is an exciting day on the Joy Clair Designs Blog and Shop - it's a mini-release of four different digital stamp sets.  Each of our DT members is featuring a different stamp from the Gather Together collection; I know you will love them!  Two sets have a Christmas theme, one is fall, and the fourth is an all-occasion stamp with flowers and sentiments.




I had the pleasure of working with the Such A Blessing digital stamp set.  I am into coloring fall themes right now, so this was my jam!  Just look at these beautiful illustrations!!  One of the benefits of digital stamps is how versatile they are.  I used the "HELLO" sentiment, the sunflowers and the pumpkin on my card and layers them into a single image that I printed and colored.  I had as much fun creating the design digitally as I did coloring the card.




To create my design digitally, I started with the bigger pumpkin that looks like it is sitting straight, then I added a second pumpkin behind it. I made it a bit smaller, flipped it so the leaf was on the other side, and rotated its position a bit downward.  I positioned the sunflowers in front so they hid the smaller pumpkin from the image, and finally moved the "HELLO" in the back.  I loved the look of the stem in front of the E.  It's printed with an inkjet printer.  I make a couple of copies to sample coloring ideas on, and then I set about coloring the image.  I have a Lang calendar on my fridge, so I used the pumpkins from the calendar and a yellow flower image to help me color. 

Finally, I masked the image and sentiment so I could stamp a shiplap background stamp over the top.  I added a border to the bottom, die cut it with Gina Marie's Pleated Lace Rectangle Die, layered the image panel on green and white, and added some twine before I mounted it on a kraft card base.  I added three baubles and "done"!! I love the result!!

A bonus for Joy Clair fans - as part of this release, Mini Slimline Dies are featured for just $10.00 a set.  Now is the time to pick one or two sets up!!


I hope you will check out the rest of the DT creations and join us in celebrating this new release on the Joy Clair Blog and FB Group.  Make sure you take a look at the Mini-Slimline Dies, too!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment