Friday, October 14, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #27 - Holiday in Navy

 It's mid-October already! You have had two weeks of a new sketch inspiration on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog. Sketch #27 features rectangles, which was a perfect chance for me to flip the sketch and ink up a Gus and Gertie image from Taylored Expressions.  

I started my card by going to my stash of Christmas patterned paper and pulled out a piece I bought from a scrapbook store in my area. It's called Holiday in the Alps, from Maja Designs. This paper is beautiful, sturdy, and has a vintage feel to it. I used both sides of the paper in my design. Choosing a navy patterned paper caused me to be careful with color choices, since it's not a traditional Christmas combination. I brought in pops of color with my main image.  The card base uses PTI's Border Bling Tin Stitch Die, and the rectangles are cut from one of the Scalloped Rectangle Dies from CC Designs.  The white heat embossed sentiment and stamp are from TE's Gus and Gertie- Holiday Adventures.  I die cut some snowflakes from older dies in my stash and popped on some clear sequins.  If you look closely you might see some additional sparkle around the images.  That's because I used TE's Iridescent Glitter Happy Medium with a Memory Box stencil from my stash, called Winter Scattered Flakes.

I hope you are able to play along with the {BYSH} Cardmakers this month. Christmas will be here before we know it!!  Post your card in the FB Group and in the Sketch #27 folder. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
In kindness, Cathy


2 comments: