Sunday, September 4, 2022

Wildflower Florals & Joy Clair DT

I am excited to share my first post as a member of the Joy Clair Designs DT.  Creating the card came at the same time I went to Blue Sky Flower Farm, a pick your own wildflower flower garden.  The bouquet I created at their Friday Night Flower Night inspired my card.  


The image is from Joy Clair's Sending a Little Message Digital stamp set which includes two flower images and three sentiments. I printed the flower vase and the sentiment on kraft colored paper and colored it with my Prismacolor Premier colored pencils. 

 I splattered the colored vase image with white, brown, and dark pink ink.  When using kraft paper, I like to bring in white to brighten things up, so I used a white frame and another frame for the patterned paper.  Some embellishments and a bow tied to the sentiment flag finished off the card.

You can see the way the real bouquet influenced my coloring.  I was drawn to the yellow and red flowers because they were so vibrant and had purples, magenta, red and yellow.  The photo is four days old and their  magenta has started to fade.  There were tiny white flowers with yellow centers, which I used in my card, and then purple and blues for another flower.  

Be sure to sign up for Joy Clair Designs newsletters.  you will receive notifications of new releases, sales, and exclusive offers for subscribers.  You can also follow the Joy Clair creations on the Facebook Page, the Joy Clair Stamp Projects FB Group, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and You Tube!

Thanks for stopping my my blog.                                                        In kindness, Cathy 

Challenges Entered:
NBUS #42 - September
Colorful Options September - Beautiful Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment