Monday, September 5, 2022

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #186 - Frame It!

 "Frame It!" is the theme of this month's Let's Craft and Create Blog Challenge. 
I knew my Taylored Expressions Frame in Frame Cutting Plate would come in handy for my card.  I ended up choosing the largest of the four possible frames in the set for the pink frame at the edge of the image. The background is Altenew's Gradient Stripes Cover Die.  I think it's actually the first time I have used it on a card, but it's been in my stash for a few years!  One of those "must have" purchases - and then it sits unloved in my stash!!  I love how the Altenew die and paper color work together to highlight the star of the show - Pinkfresh Studio's Handpicked Flowers.  It's a suite of products that was part of their May Stamp & Create event and includes stamps, layering stencils, and a die. It hasn't been released but if my card inspires you, there are many other Pinkfresh sets like this you could use to achieve the same effect. 

For my card, stamped the image and then heat embossed it.  To get the foiled look, I used gold Deco Foil and a Minc on setting #2.  I have been playing around with foiling over heat embossed sentiments and stamped images both with a laminator and Minc.  I am still experimenting to try and have consistent results.  Ideally, I would have liked the lines of this image to be a little crisper, but it was still useable.  I then brought out the stencil from the set and added layers of Taylored Expressions inks, die cut the image, and popped it out with foam strips.  Finally, I added two colors of pink enamel dots and a Pinkfresh foiled ephemera sentiment.    

I hope you will have time to play with our challenge this month. I am looking forward to seeing the way folks interpret the theme in the LC&C Challenge #186 gallery!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  
In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:

The Flower Challenge #72 - September - Add Sparkle
NBUS #42 / September
Tic Tac Toe #177 /Diagonal top left & down - fall floral, leaves, metallic


 

4 comments:

  1. It's like looking through a window at a beautiful bouquet, Cathy! The colors and all the wonderful touches of gold make this an elegant design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful shiny bouquet of flowers. Wonderful card full of card and sparkle. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous with all the gold and your beautifully colored bouquet! Thank you for sharing that technique with the embossed images and the Minc to cover them with gold, that's such a great idea! Thanks as well for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete