Thursday, September 1, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #26 - Winter Shaker

This month's Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers sketch was inspired by a card DT member, Jacinda Chen, created for our BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.  

I used stamps from Snarky Cat Christmas by Stamper's Anonymous for my card. I was playing around with comparing black foil with black embossing powder for this card.  I honestly didn't see much of a difference.  The width of the green mat for the rectangle panel was the same size as the largest die from Lawn Fawn's Small Mini Slimline Stackable Rectangle set, so I was able to take advantage of the stitched detail for the sides.  After mounting the panel onto the background paper, I cut the circle element of the sketch using Lawn Fawn's Reverse Stitched Scalloped Circle Window die. From there, I added foam strips to the front of the cat panel and used sequins and a piece of clear acetate from my stash to create a shaker and mounted the whole thing to a card base.  A "hello" speech bubble die from my stash, some small sequins on the sentiment strip, and a black foiled bow finished off the card.

Hope you can play along with the BYSHC challenge this month.  It's a great way to work ahead on your holiday cards!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  
In kindness, Cathy

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the fun shaker card you created!
    I love the snarky cat images in the Christmas set, and I just recently got the Halloween set too!

    ReplyDelete