Friday, September 23, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #26 - Foiling Two Ways

This month's Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Sketch is so much fun to play around with!  I took a little bit of liberty interpreting the sketch for my card.  The rectangle panel is Taylored Expressions (TE) Twiggy Background, which I heat embossed and foiled with gold foil using my Mini- Minc.  I used the same process of heat embossing and then foiling for  Creative Expressions Angelina's Christmas Stocking stamp. I colored the image in two steps. For the first layer, I used water with TE inks to watercolor the image.  For my second step, I Added additional color and shading with my Prismacolor colored pencils.  I die cut the oval frame from the main panel using Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Oval Frames, then fussy cut the stamped image, and glued it inside the oval.  I tied some seam binding from my stash at the bottom, added a TE sentiment, and glued some turquoise and gold gems to finish off the card.  Neither of my foiling attempts was perfect, but they were usable.  I learned to use the same color embossing powder under the foil - then when/if the foil doesn't stick, it isn't as noticeable.  I used white embossing powder, which can be seen a little more on the stocking image.  

I hope you are inspired to play along!  After you make a card, upload it in the {BYSHC} Sketch #26 Album.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment