Wednesday, April 13, 2022

When You NEED Lemons!

Last week I discovered that I NEEDED the April "free" with purchase stencil and stamp combo from Taylored Expressions - and I have to say, it doesn't disappoint!!  Squeeze the Day is a layering stencil (and clear stamp set) with the fruit as one layer and the leaves as the second layer. The stamp comes with sentiments as well as leaf details and a cluster of dots for the bottom of the fruit.  I stamped this on watercolor paper because I knew I wanted to spatter it.  After I finished stenciling,  I decided to ink up the lemons with Versa Mark ink and then use TE's White Pearl EP, which gives the lemons a pearlized sheen, plus it adds some texture to them!  I finished off the card by adding TE's Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklet dies to the frame I cut and sprinkled it with some sequins.  The sentiment is heat embossed in TE's Copper EP and mounted on a Toffee card base.  Still going strong with stenciling and TE's layering stencils continue to keep me interested and cranking out cards!!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.                                         In kindness, Cathy
Challenges Entered:
Sweet Stampin' Challenge/ April 9 - photo mood board




7 comments:

  1. Love the stamped lemon background, it's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play often.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy this is awesome! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Thanks for also sharing this beauty with us at the Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I just purchased a lemon die and you have inspired me to use it! Thank you for joining our fun at Colorful Options and Can You Handle The Pressure (though I didn't see the link?)
    Diane CO DT and CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun & fabulous creation. Please be sure to link back to our blog to qualify for the prize offering. Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Challenge. (Be sure to link back to the Can You Handle The Pressure challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 💛 these lemons! Thank you for sharing with us this month. I look forward to seeing your future creations. Cheers, Makira

    Colorful Options Challenge
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the texture you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete