Friday, April 8, 2022

Crazy for Stencils!

I have been obsessed with layering stencils these past few weeks, thanks to Taylored Expressions recent Stamp Joy event. I never really got the hang of ink blending before, but blending brushes and the tips I learned while creating cards that weekend, made it worth another try! 
The floral feature of this card is TE's Autumn Array.  Ink blending is more evident in the background stencil, Go with the Flow. The bold black sentiment is from a TE product that came with the Stamp Joy kit and hasn't been released yet, called Mod Sentiments.  I popped the floral array out on foam and added some Drip Drops for sparkle. 
My mindset with stenciling is more about "playing" and being curious than when I use my Copics.  Not sure why - but I am having a different kind of fun!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.                     In kindness, Cathy
         Challenges Entered:
Make My Monday #171/ Use a Stencil
Die Cut Divas April- Tic TacToe (1st column on left -layers, yellow, flowers) 
Time Out Challenges #211/ Photo Prompt (The lines and shading of the mountains in the photo reminded me of my new TE stencil)

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! You did a fabulous job with the blending, and that background stencil is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Make My Monday! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is some beautiful stenciling right there. Such a sweet card, and so beautifully designed! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this colorful, fun spring card! The mixed patterns and colors add so much interest and depth. Thanks for playing at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty...I love that stencil! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!  You have been selected as a TOP ROCKER for the week of 04/16/2022
    613 Avenue Create
    Please stop by our blog and grab your badge 
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete