This month’s theme on the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog is to keep focus on the sentiment, and I had so much fun creating this birthday card for my brother, who is one year younger than me!
I wanted to keep the card simple and let lots of white space be part of the design. I used an Altenew embossing folder for the background, along with a combination of products that have been in my stash for quite a while. The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Big Grumpy Birthday stamp set, paired with the Hero Arts Tiny Star Background stamp and the Whimsy Stamps “Ugh” Word and Shadow die.
I’m pretty sure my black embossing powder is at least 15 years old! It’s always fun to pull out those well-loved supplies and give them another chance to shine.
I added a few black rhinestones for a little sparkle, along with a Pool Party-colored die-cut frame that had been sitting in my “pile” for several months. Sometimes those bits and pieces just need the right card to come along!
I love how this card turned out, and I’m hoping my brother gets a good chuckle out of it! After all, what are younger brothers for? 😊

No comments:
Post a Comment