Friday, July 19, 2024

BYSHC - Christmas in July!

 The time has arrived for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Christmas in July Linky Party!  It's a week of linking up Christmas card in the linky gallery on the BYSHC Blog.  Our Linky Parties have generous sponsors - so that means a drawing for prizes when the party closes!!


My first card features an array of products from this month's sketch sponsor, Taylored Expressions.  

I decided to start this week looking for ways I could "repurpose" everyday things I have in my stash and create something for the theme of Christmas.  The card front is today's product "stretch"!  It uses a Fall Foliage Foil It Panel and the Fall Foliage Stamp & Stencil Combo from sponsor Taylored Expressions. but with colors that are more of a Christmas combination. I started by running one of the Fall Foliage Foil It Panels through my MiniMinc using a Gold DecoFoil Transfer Sheet  from Linky Party sponsor ThermoWeb.  I then lined up the sFall Foliage stencils with the foiled panel using a variety of TE ink colors.  Finally, I splattered the panel with white goutache.  

The reindeer and sentiment are from an adhesive transfer collaboration set between TE and ThermoWeb.  I used the same gold DecoFoil. The frame around the reindeer is the second smallest Frame in Frame Cutting Plate from TE.  I used some flag dies from my stash to frame the sentiment, added some die cut leaf embellishments and finished with some Gold Drip Drops along with cranberry pink glitter drops in the antlers.


You have a week to get your card or cards entered in the Linky Party! July 26th is the last day. It's such a great excuse to break out your stash and get a head start on your Christmas cards.  I can't wait to see what you create!  Please use #christmasinjuly2024byshclp on your social media posts.  Thanks for stopping my my blog.
In kindness, Cathy


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Cathy! I love the touches of foil and how creative of you to use Fall themed products for a Christmas card!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning card! Such beautiful color combinations with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la The first word I thought of is 'fancy'. Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cards that show off the foliage of the season, and that gold foiling just gives it such elegance and enrichment of the colors. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful adaption of the fall images for this spectacular holiday card, the image is regal!

    ReplyDelete