Friday, May 5, 2023

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #195 - Ribbon, Lace, Twine

It's time for Challenge #195 on the Let's Craft & Create Blog.  This month's optional theme is to use ribbon, lace, twine or all three on your card.  I headed for my sadly-neglected ribbon stash and pulled out a beautiful magenta color that went well with the inked flowers. on my mini-slimline card. 


The card background is a Taylored Expressions layering stencil that was a "free with purchase" gift a few months ago.  When I received the stencil, I played around with it using colored cardstock.  It's a 6" stencil, so cutting it in half makes it perfect for two mini-slimline cards!  I inlaid the flower and stitched circle die and inked the flower and leaves.  It's splattered with a variety of inks and then layered on white and a pink card base. The sentiment is from TE's Foil It- Sentiment Staples  and then die cut with Sentiment Staples Dies.  I love this combination because I can foil sentiments with my Deco Foil and Mini-Minc and then die cut them.  I added some embellishments to finish off the card.  This layering stencil is super-versatile.  Take a peek at a sympathy card I made with a different color combination I made for an IG Hop. 

I hope you have a chance to play along with the Let's Craft & Create Challenge this month.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy


1 comment: