Tuesday, March 1, 2022

BYSHC - March Sketch Challenge 20

 

It's time for a new Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers sketch.  You can find us on the BYSHC blog and join in the FB community.  Crystal has another versatile sketch for us this month.  All of the matted rectangles and the layers are my jam, so I was super excited to see the sketch and look forward to creating a second card with it!





This card features less traditional Christmas colors; I actually started out creating a birthday card, but it wasn't turning out as I planned, so I left it unfinished in my Christmas basket thinking the way I colored the image could be used for a future Christmas card.   My main panel features a sweet image from A Day for Daisies - I treasure the art of Tammy Siemers Thompson and am sad the shop has closed.  Tammy is a thoughtful, gentle, generous artist and I see those qualities reflected in her images.  I fussy cut the fairy and she is mounted on foam tape on an old SU! patterned paper scrap which is die cut with a stitched rectangle die.  The coral patterned paper behind is die cut with Sizzix Drifting Hearts die.  I love this one and use it both for the die and the little hearts that are cut from it as accents!  It's kind of a "two-fer" die.  I added a bow from a spool of Hug Snug seam binding tape (remember when that was the rage on cardmaking?) and finished with some Pinkfresh Studios Sparkling Champagne metallic pearls, and clear sequins. I hope the sketch inspires you to ahead on your Christmas card making and don't forget to share your make on the BYSHC FB page!  Thanks for stopping by my blog!                           In kindness, Cathy

Challenges Entered:

NBUS - Challenge #36 - March

Shopping our Stash #465 - Metallics; 

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas fairy is precious!! And I love those metallic pearls!! they are the prefect embellishment both on your card and for our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with our "full metal jacket" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and precious, Cathy! I just love your coloring and the patterns and ribbon you used! Great sketch layout, too. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I most certainly remember searching for lots of seam binding for my creative endeavors ... and I love the metallic pearls too ... so very glad you joined our Full METAL Jacket Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete