Friday, October 22, 2021

Freshly Retired and A New Blog

Retiring after 30 years at the same school this past June has been an interesting adventure.  There's no rat race of my former  8-6 p.m. work hours; "have-tos" are minimal which has resulted in a love/hate relationship with time.  

Two things I know for sure right now:

#1.  As a society, we don't give enough attention to transitions in our lives.  FYI - retiring is one of the big ones.  

#2.  This phase of life is another chance to grapple with identity and in this moment, I am in a place of dis-ease.  Practicing patience and staying out of self-judgement for feeling like a boat traveling aimlessly in circles is a challenge! There are glimmers of empowerment as I allow myself to discover sources of joy and choose things I "want-to" do with my newfound "free" time!

My cousin, Diane and me outside our YURT in Bayfield, WI


I did some traveling, started walking, listen to Podcasts, and am thinking about cooking meals!  Creative endeavors have been one of my joys - so I am back on a card-makers design team.  This one is called Passionate Paper Creations and Friends over on FB.   Deadlines and purpose are two motivators when it comes to choosing to hang out in my craft room!  I hope you will visit the group and come back to see what is happening on my blog!  It started out as a craft blog, but don't be surprised if there are some ongoing posts about retiring.

In kindness,  Cathy 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    





No comments:

Post a Comment