Welcome back to the newest "Make Your Mark" challenge at the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog!
For this challenge, I was asked to create a good-bye card for the Community Manager in my 62+ active living cooperative here in Minnesota. The theme for the card was "You Are Our Sunshine," and I had so much fun bringing that idea to life. This is one of the two cards I created, and I absolutely love how it turned out! I made this version a little less literal than the first card (which I'll post at the end of the month for a Color Dare Challenge) and had fun pulling together a variety of supplies from my stash.
I started with Waffle Flower's A2 Postage Collage Die and added several of the Postage Collage Wild Flower Stencil panels. To keep with the sunshine theme, I colored all of the flowers in cheerful shades of yellow.
The two bolder sunshine panels with the sweet smiling faces are from Concord & 9th's Pure Sunshine stamp, stencil, and die bundle. I also pieced together the sentiment from that same set.
The bottom right rectangular panel was created using candle flames from the Make A Wish birthday set by The Greetery—a fun way to create a unique sunburst effect! I finished the card with a layered die-cut sentiment from Cathy Zielske and Simon Says Stamp, using a contrasting salmon cardstock color. I think that pop of salmon adds just the right amount of warmth and dimension.

Great sunshine card, love the fabulous postal die, layers, stamps and stencils.
ReplyDeleteCarol x