Friday, October 20, 2023

{BYSHC} Falling for the Holidays 2023 Linky Party - Day 1

 Hi {BYSHC} Friends!

It is hard to believe that the last holiday card making BYSHC Linky Party of 2023 is here already!! 

I have been in a state of transition with my home space since the middle of June, so I started making cards for this party in July.  It's not my typical pattern!  Can I tell you how happy I am that I worked ahead?!?  

If this design looks familiar to you, it may be because I used the sketch from this past August.  It's super versatile and there is lots of inspiration in the FB Sketch #36 Gallery.

For my first Linky Party card, I inked up Taylored Expressions Through the Woods stamp set.  I started by stamping the trees with Distress Inks on a piece of watercolor paper and then used a blender brush around the edges for sky.  I dripped water onto the panel and then splattered with white ink to give it a feel of light snow. I fussy cut one of the skinny trees to use as an embellishment.  The sentiment is from Unity's Feliz Navidad stamp set.  

The background paper is from a Tim Holz pad I was gifted in a destash exchange two years ago.  It's rustic feel went well with the trees!  I just added some ink to the sides of the background paper to give it a distressed look.  

Hope you are seeing your stack of holiday cards grow.  If not, play along with this week's Linky Party and get a head start on this year's cards!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.
In kindness, Cathy

6 comments: