Thursday, August 4, 2022

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #185 - Distressed

 I am excited to say I have been invited to join another DT - the Let's Craft & Create Blog.  The monthly anything goes challenge  (with an optional theme) run from the 5th to the last day of the month.  This month's theme is "Distressed".  I was a little loose on the interpretation - and went back to my roots when I first started making cards in 2007 . . . remember when inking the edges was called "distressing"?!?!  That's way before Tim Holtz changed how the term was defined!!

I do love how this card turned out.  The background and sentiment are from a stamp and stencil from Taylored Expressions.  I foiled the leaves with Deco's Emerald Watercolor foil.  After stenciling the lemons, I heat embossed them with TE's White Pearl Embossing Powder, which gives a sheen and a dimpled look! 

The image is called Lemon Girl and I bought in from Andrea LaGafotas' Etsy Shop. She is an artist in Spain and has darling images - most of them wearing glasses!! I was just looking for something to go with my background and found her work!  

I hope you will join the LC&C Blog AG challenge this month.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.   

                   
In kindness, Cathy



Challenges Entered:
Paper Funday August Challenge #44 - AG with optional twist of friendship
Double Trouble Challenge #117 / Thing 1 Gimme S'More



6 comments:

  1. Love your sweet card, Cathy! That little girl reminds me of one of my granddaughters who wears glasses. I think she's a superhero, too. I'm so glad you've joined the team. You'll be such an asset with your creative talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your personalized background stenciling and it's so right for your adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Hope you come back and do a fun fold too. Congrats on becoming a DT member on Let's Craft & Create. Yep, I remember those days way back when we had a card crop, the sound of rubbing ink against the edges of all the panels, known as distressing... we would all start laughing. Very seldom do that anymore because of the many techniques out there but a couple challenges from now I actually did that old technique so check back with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation Cathy! I love design and the image is so adorable! It's great to have you on the team!
    Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Cathy! Such a sweet image and so perfectly colored. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #117.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the Lemon theme of this card! I love the little embellishments too! Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable card and image. I love the patterned paper too! Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete