Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Day 6 & Six Cards!!

 Today is Day 6 of the BYSHC Spring Into Christmas Linky Party and I am sharing my 6th card!!  That means my stack of Christmas cards is really growing! I am still creating cards remotely, so that requires using the things I brought with me on my babysitting adventure.

 This card features a white heat embossed sentiment from sponsor, Colorado Craft Company, called Merry Bright Mini (which is on sale for $3.38!!). I paired it with some Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes paper and a red heat embossed panel I had in my stash using Ellen Hutson's Fa La La background stamp.  I glued on a few sequins, a red bow and done!! If I had been home, I probably would have splattered the sentiment panel with paint, but I really like this version!

I brought the 12x12 paper pad with me and have been using it this week.  At one point on Monday night, I started to contemplate how I might think differently about cutting portions of the papers to use for cards.  The scale of 12x12 card prints aren't always great for A2 cards.  Then yesterday, I visited Deb Davidson's blog and she had five cards using the same paper collection!  Her cards helped solidify my thinking; later in the day, BYSHC DT teamie, Vannessa Osbourn shared a slimline card that seemed to use a section of 12x12 paper and I went full time into creative thinking!!  I hadn't even thought of a slimeline card!! That's a no-brainer for 12x12 paper!!  I can't wait to get back to my craft room (and my fill size paper trimmer and my single slimline die) to see how it works!!  I have the perfect paper for it with a darling Santa design!!  Stay tuned!

BTW - Friday is the last day of the Linky Party!  I hope you are able to play along with us!  Thanks for visiting my blog!                                                                                                                                             In kindness, Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Great card! For working out of a suitcase your cards have been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Cathy! I love the mix of papers here and that big beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Fa La La background and the embossed sentiment! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love all the sentiments and design!

    ReplyDelete