Monday, April 25, 2022

BYSHC - Spring Into Christmas Linky Party - Day 4

 I am back with another card for the BYSHC Spring Into Christmas Linky Party!  I was thrilled to see that Taylored Expressions, one of my favorite stamp companies, is a sponsor so I looked through my stash to create a card with TE products.  

I happen to be babysitting grandkids for a five days, so I packed up my basket of Christmas stamps, paper, TE inks, embossing powder, TE's Drip Drops, sequins, Prisma colored pencils, and brought them on the road with me.  

The main image is TE's Like Gnome Other, which is colored on kraft paper with Prismacolors.  TE's Just Vine Background is stamped and heat embossed over patterned paper on the panel behind them. (Look closely and you will see the paper shifted between the first and second stamping, so there is a double image, which I didn't notice until I applies the TE Fine Detail White Embossing Powder!!  An oops- but I liked it, so I didn't redo it.). The same stamp is used on the red panel of paper using an old pad of white ink.  The sentiment flag is a combination of one of the stamps that comes with the set for the word "gnomie" with TE's All Tucked In- Christmas stamp set. The gnomes are standing on white glitter paper snow and the same paper is used for the thin diagonal strips behind them.   I embellished the card with some TE Drip Drops and sequins from my stash.  Can you tell I am in love with TE products?!?

I went to the BYSHC FB group sketch album to help inspire my mojo today.  My card design uses Sketch #16.  The album is a fabulous resource!  Crystal does a beautiful job of creating sketches.                                                                                                                            Take a peek at the growing Linky Party Gallery on the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Blog and then add a card of your own.  The list of sponsors, prizes, and discounts makes it easy to spend time thinking about Christmas in April!!  You have until April 29th to enter.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.                                                                                           In kindness, Cathy                                                
Challenges Entered:
Christmas K
ickstart #61
~ From my Gnome to Yours

Happy Little Stampers April Christmas ~AG with option of glitter

11 comments:

  1. These gnomes are so adorable. Love this great sketch, and you used some pretty papers on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gnomeness!! This card is adorable!!! Love those gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pair of gnomies! Love the images and your colouring is fabulous. Lovely to have you join us here at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, could you please email me at dottypudding (AT) aol.com? It's nice, I'm not a spammer, I'm the 'owner' of Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little gnomes and pretty layering! Love that Just Vine Background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the patterns and the darling gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous gnome card! Gorgeous coloring on your gnome couple and I love the patterns you combined!! Oh btw - I have resisted adding that gnome set to my stash but you have enabled me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how these gnomes look on kraft! Very country cozy. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the primitive art look of your gnomes. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delighted to see your card as the winner at Christmas Kickstart - so well deserved - love it!!

    ReplyDelete