Saturday, February 5, 2022

PPC&F - Stampendous Floral Flutter Butterfly

 There was something about this Stampendous stamp, Floral Flutter, that made me want to "play" with watercolors and embossing powders, so I dug out my rarely used box of Kuretake watercolors (remember when they were the "must have" item for watercoloring?!?).  Honestly, I haven't spent enough time getting the knack of watercoloring to feel like it's easy.  I had to rehearse what I've learned from watching videos- repeating, "Let the water do the work"; "dry it and add another layer of color".  When I finished painting, I wasn't sure the time and effort was worth it and even put the watercolors in a box to donate!  I put the images to the side and came back to them a few days later - happy enough with what I saw to put the watercolors back on my craft shelf to use int he future!!

This one was my favorite at one point.  I loved the white embossing powder with the soft colors.  The watercolor set comes with some metallics; the background is one of the gold paints and the light pink flower has white metallic on top to add some shimmer.  I added splatters of white and black paint.  The card is finished with Pinkfresh Studios' Sparkling Champagne metallic pearls, some old purple jewels from my stash, and an ombre "peace" die cut.  It's mounted on PTI's Tin Stitch Border Bling Die. I thought this would be a lovely sympathy card.

Here's another version of the card with gold embossing powder. I kept the wings mostly blue and added layers of color.  The butterfly is fussy cut and mounted on a background I created by stamping SU's French Script; using a Tim Holtz polks dot stencil with pink inks and running it through my Platinum 6 with an old sun ray Reverse Confetti cover panel.  I finished with some pearls, clear sequins, and purple jewels and popped on the "celebrate" sentiment from Right At Home's Script Greeting Die set.  
My third card has a bolder flair to it with black embossing powder and MFT's gingham paper in the background.  The yellow circle right behind behind the butterfly uses the same French Script and polka dot stencil with a Taylored Expressions Happy Medium Iridescent Glitter Paste on top. The shimmer isn't visible in the photo, but it's there! I finished with Pinkfresh Studios Silver Metallic Pearls, a few mini die cut hearts from Sizzix Drift Hearts Thinlets die and a bold sentiment from Gina K's Just Because stamp set.

I can see lots of uses for this stamp and in the end am glad I pulled out my watercolors for it!  I hope you will check out the PPC&F FB group to read about the Stampendous prize and for other inspiration of both the House Mouse stamp and this one.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  In kindness, Cathy





No comments:

Post a Comment